Family reunification services
Parents/carers of children in alternative care are entitled to receive services in terms of family reunification.
If risk management failed and children were removed to alternative care, social workers will assist parents in determining:
- reconstructive actions towards family reunification
- parental skills counselling or workshops
- professional counselling to address deeper psychological needs
- life skills counselling or workshops for parents and children
- referral to trusted service providers when specific specialised services needed are not provided by the office
- assistance in implementing the family reunification plan in order for family reunification to succeed.